What is Form GSTR-7?
Form GSTR-7 is a return which is required to be filed by the persons who deduct tax at the time of making/crediting payment to suppliers towards the inward supplies received. Tax deductor has a legal obligation:
• To declare his TDS liability for a given period (monthly) in Form GSTR-7;
• Furnish details of the TDS deducted under three major heads viz., Central tax, State/UT tax and Integrated tax in accordance with that return;
• File correct and complete return within stipulated time frame, given the fact that the TDS credit will be available to the counter party taxpayer (supplier) upon filing of TDS return in Form GSTR-7 by the Deductor (i.e., person liable to deduct TDS); and
• Issue TDS certificate to the deductee.
Who needs to file Form GSTR-7?
As per section 51 of the CGST Act, following persons/entities/establishments are required to deduct TDS.
1. a department or establishment of the Central Government or State Government;
2. local authority;
3. Governmental agencies; and
4. such persons or category of persons as may be notified by the Government on the recommendations of the Council.
By when do I need to file the Form GSTR-7?
The due date for filing Form GSTR-7 is 10th day of the succeeding month.