Society Registration In Telangana
Society or association is an organized group of people with an aim and objective of non-profitable service. As per the provision of Telangana Societies Registration Act, 2001, society can be registered in the office of the Registrar in which district the society is intended to be established. Registration of society will have legal recognition and it will be possible to run society legally with discipline. In this article, we look at the procedure for Telangana Society Registration in detail.
Societies Registration Act, 2001As per Societies Registration Act, 2001 minimum of 7 persons who have attained the age of 18 years can form a society in Telangana. Society should contain a minimum of 3 executive committee members. Society can be formed for the following purposes:
- Art, Fine Arts and crafts
- Educational, charity, cultural, literature and religious purposes
- Sports (excluding games of chance) purpose
- Knowledge of commerce and industry purpose
- For the purpose of political education and training
- For maintaining a library in Telangana
- For the purpose of collection and preservation of historical monuments, technical and philosophical research.
- For any public purpose
Acceptable Name for SocietyThe name of the society will not be similar to the society already existing in the District. As per Prevention of Improper Use Act, 1950, following society names are not allowed.
- Names prohibited or registered by State or Central Government through executive instructions are cannot be used.
- Government Emblems and Names are not also allowed.
- Names with an Indian Institute or University also cannot be registered.
MOA and Bye-Law
On registration of society in Telangana, certified copies of Memorandum of Association of a Society (MOA) and Bye-laws of Society will be issued. These documents are an evidence for society registration.
Memorandum of Association (MOA)
MOA of Society is also known as NGO registration form, it contains the name of the society, aim and objects of the society and names, occupations of the members of the committee.
Bye-Laws of SocietyThe bye-laws documents contain provisions in respect of following matters.
- The identity of society – Name and Address.
- Activities of society.
- Membership details including eligibility, admission, withdrawal and termination of members.
- Information regarding the manner of meetings to be held or convened, quorum, functions and responsibilities.
- Details of office bearers and their appointment, election, removal, recall and their responsibilities.
- Finances related data’s such as types of funds to be raised, appointment of auditors and liability of members for discharge of debts.
- Internal matters of settlement of internal disputes and dissolution of the society.
Fee for Registration
Society registration fee in Telangana state is Rs. 200.
Documents Required for RegistrationFollowing documents need to be furnished for society registration in Telangana.
- Acknowledgement containing the reference number.
- Proceedings of the first meeting.
- Application, Affidavit and Memorandum of Society.
- Executive Committee members ID and address proof.
- Passport size photographs of Executive Committee members.
- If office is in rented premises, registered lease agreement need to be submitted.
- In case of office is in own premises declaration and no rent is collected form are required.